Thursday, June 4, 2009

Map of planned route

well, here goes my first blog post. We at the heavy duty planning stage of the trip. Captain Steve is hard at work installing new equipment of many types, but my planning has alot to do with telling everyone I know about our wonderful plans. This blog is going to be of more interest to the folks back home and future loopers than it will likely be to experienced loopers. (ha, we haven't even left yet, and i'm already calling y'all the "folks back home"). So in light of that purpose and the fact that I am a total nut about maps of any kind, i am posting a map of our planned voyage. The blue lines represent the route we plan to take and the gray lines represent alternate routes taken by others who have completed the loop. All subject to weather, what we hear from others as we travel and the whims of the day.
As of today, I have less than 20 work days left before retirement. Then I can really get busy with planning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Liz and Steve - I am so happy that you are following your dreams and taking this voyage. I have registered for your blog updates and am anxious for this to start. Bonnie (Pladson) Bennett benneb01@aol.com

Jenny said...

This is so cool! It reminds me of my trip to Mexico. We stayed at the Marina and every evening as we walked back to our room, there were all these boaters/sailors hanging out on their boats. I've been wanting a boat ever since. I'll miss you, but I'm excited for your trip. What a blast!